Do you enjoy creative problem solving and working with cutting edge technology? Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join StreetShares and see your work make a difference at a fast-paced, growing startup. We are looking for an enthusiastic Commercial Underwriter to join the StreetShares Credit team, where you will be underwriting StreetShares’ unsecured and secured lending products. This includes term loans, lines of credit, and invoice factoring. As a Commerical Underwriter, you will be responsible for underwriting files, recommending a course of action, and working with the sales and credit teams to ensure a smooth customer experience. You will report to the Head of Underwriting, and be located in our metro accessible headquarters in Reston, VA.
• Prepare files for underwriting. This includes collecting data from numerous sources, completing the workflow, and conducting cash flow analysis using bank statements
• Financial statement analysis – read a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement to understand underlying business trends
• Underwrite files and analyze large amounts of data, weigh risk factors appropriately, and make sound credit decisions under pressure
• Communicate with the sales team regarding underwriting details and deal structure
• Improve our current reporting – suggest new ways to analyze and interpret data
• Process improvement – take our existing processes and make them better, more efficient, and more accurate
- MUST HAVE 1-3 years experience in direct Commercial / Small Business Underwriting
- Four year bachelors degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Business
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results Preferred
- Finally, as a young company, we all have to wear multiple hats. You should expect to do things outside of your job description, and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and have fun.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements