Field Sales Director
Field Sales Director - Contract Finance team
We are looking for a talented field sales professional to take on a unique, challenging and high-impact leadership position in our growing Contract Finance (Factoring) business. We need a triple-threat, someone who can: 1) Sell government contractors on StreetShares financing products, 2) Manage what’s today a small field sales team, 3) Build out best-in-class field sales processes and practices as you help grow the business and the team. It’s going to be a unique individual who can do all these things successfully as a player and a coach. Is this person you?
- Develop and cultivate relationships with government contractors throughout the country over a sales cycle that can range up to 10 months. Aggressively work opportunities through the sales funnel. Close deals.
- Travel aggressively (50% or more) to meet opportunities where they are. Collaborate with business development team to group prospecting events with discovery and closing meetings in key markets.
- Manage and eventually grow a field sales team (currently one with more to follow)
- Implement best practices in opportunity tracking and reporting, for you and your team.
- Collaborate with inside sales team, leveraging them for lead gen and discovery.
- Create feedback loops to product team and senior leadership, sharing the pulse of the market that you’re taking every day.
- Contribute in building a scalable, repeatable sales model.
- Outstanding sales skills. You’re sharp and persuasive. Engaging, even charming. Consultative. Aggressive but not overbearing.
- 8-12 years in field sales, with track record of exceeding targets and driving revenue growth.
- Of which 2-5 years in sales management, with exposure to and facility with sales management best practice processes in opportunity tracking and reporting.
- Comfort being a “player/coach” -- being in the trenches selling alongside alongside reps who you’re also managing.
- You have an entrepreneurial orientation. You’re a builder, as well as a seller. You’re excited, not concerned, that at StreetShares you wouldn’t have an established field sales organization and sales process to integrate into.
- You have a chip on your shoulder. You probably think you should been your bosses’ boss. Maybe you haven’t been given the chance to spread your wings and show what you can really do. You’re looking for the opportunity to lead something, build something great, show everyone what a star and a leader you really are.
- Experience selling specialty financial products to SMBs. Ideally you also have experience in the government contracting space.
- Ideally, you’re a veteran. Previous military experience both helpful and valued here.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with fullbenefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.