Agile Product Management Expert
Want to work at a fun, innovative startup? Want to help small business owners? Interested in FinTech? Join StreetShares.
StreetShares is a small business financial marketplace bringing together business owners in search of funding and investors looking for both financial and social returns. StreetShares is completely transforming financial services for the military and veteran community and beyond
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate senior-level product manager to provide product leadership working with customers, users, stakeholders and the engineering team. You will be expected to provide broad, hands-on leadership with the design, development and rollout of StreetShares products. You will report directly to the CTO, and be located in our headquarters office in Reston, VA.
- Own the product backlog and maintain processes for prioritizing features, building out product specs, and scoping/estimating development effort.
- Help implement and foster effective Agile/Scrum mindset and processes. Participate in a cross-functional agile team responsible for writing the functional requirements, working with the Engineering team.
- Be the customer advocate within the team; understand deeply how customers get value from their products through instrumentation and direct feedback. Work closely with stakeholders and customers to prioritize new product development and resolve issues.
- Manage pilot deployments and work closely with customers and stakeholders to get early feedback and input.
- Develop, measure and communicate KPIs for product impact and product adoption.
- Work with stakeholders to articulate the value proposition and differentiators in the offering.
- A product leader and technologist with a history of defining and launching excellent Cloud products with a deep appreciation for UX. This article has been a go-to for recruiting PMs over many years: https://www.kennorton.com/essays/productmanager.html - please use this as a reference to craft your cover letter.
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term roadmap vision with the unavoidable shifting of short-term priorities in an agile, startup environment.
- Expertise in early-stage customer discovery / lean startup processes, as well as later stage product planning, product marketing, and product development.
- Excellent communication to both commercial-facing and technical team members.
- Experience in the financial / banking industry is a huge plus.
Finally, as a young company we all have to wear multiple hats at times. You should expect to do things outside of your job description and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable being uncomfortable… and have fun.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.