Head of Credit Operations
Do you enjoy creative problem solving and working with cutting edge technology? Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join StreetShares and see your work make a difference at a fast-paced, growing startup. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced operations leader to join the StreetShares Credit team. You will lead the team that processes applications for StreetShares’ unsecured and secured lending products, including term loans, lines of credit, and invoice factoring. As the Head of Credit Operations, you will be responsible for leading a team of Loan Processors and Underwriters in executing StreetShares’ credit policy; championing systems improvements and policy changes to increase team efficiency; and working with the Credit and Sales teams to ensure a smooth customer experience. You will report to the Chief Credit Officer, and be located in our Metro-accessible headquarters in Reston, VA.
• Oversee the Credit Operations team in the execution of all Credit activities, including application processing, underwriting, and collections
• Help define the goals and metrics used to assess Credit Operations team performance (KPI’s, for example)
• Lead the Credit Operations team in successfully delivering on performance goals; cascade appropriate expectations/goals to individual team members and hold them accountable for performance
• Direct line supervisor for all Credit Operations team members, including managing their hiring, training, and professional development
• Maintain documentation of credit policies and procedures
• Champion process improvements & IT projects that streamline operations and improve efficiency
• Communicate effectively with other teams, including Sales, IT, and Analytics
- Four year bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility. Experience in financial services strongly preferred (direct experience with lending is a plus)
- Experience leading an operations team, including managerial oversight of team members and a track record of successfully delivering on KPI’s
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative problem-solver
- Finally, as a young company, we all have to wear multiple hats. You should expect to do things outside of your job description, and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and have fun
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursement.