Sr. Python (on AWS) Architect
Want to work at a fun, innovative startup? Want to help small business owners? Interested in FinTech? Join StreetShares.
StreetShares is a small business financial marketplace bringing together business owners in search of funding and investors looking for both financial and social returns. StreetShares is completely transforming financial services for the military and veteran community and beyond
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and architect-level Python and AWS expert to provide technical leadership within the StreetShares Product Development team. You will be expected to provide broad, hands-on leadership with the design, implementation, and maintenance of StreetShares products. You will report directly to the CTO, and be located in our headquarters office in Reston, VA.
- Working with the team, design, build and operate our products from AWS infrastructure/platform services to backend code to browser and everything between.
- Hands-on coding, we believe that good architects have to write code.
- Focus on creating software that is scalable, robust, testable, easy to maintain and deploy.
- Lead /mentor other engineers on the team and help with recruiting.
- Help build an agile, high-energy team environment with a great engineering culture that has passion and purpose in line with StreetShares’ mission.
- Expertise in modern architectures (e.g., micro services, cloud-native, etc.).
- Expertise in Python dev is mandatory, but we prefer polyglot devs (Java, C, Node, etc.).
- Ability to think APIs-first while architecting software.
- In-depth experience with AWS platform with developing and deploying software to run on cloud.
- Experience with modern open source thinking and tools (e.g., GitHub, CI/CD, containers, DevOps, etc.).
- Test-driven and wiki-style documentation mindset.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and lean environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or real-world experience.
- Excellent communication to both executives and technical team members.
- Experience in the financial / banking industry is a plus.
Finally, as a young company we all have to wear multiple hats at times. You should expect to do things outside of your job description and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable being uncomfortable… and have fun.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.