Would you rather join a cause, not just a company? Become a part of one of the fastest growing FinTech companies on the east coast! StreetShares is a military focused financial services company reinventing the way businesses interact with their finances. We are digital, customer oriented, nimble, fast moving and have just the right dose of quirky.
We’re looking for a rock star design professional who will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating and executing one-of-a-kind customer experiences for StreetShares. You should be able to think strategically and turn your ideas into stunning designs. You’ll work directly with key leadership to drive product innovation through digital design efforts. This position is located in our Reston, VA headquarters.
StreetShares offers unique financial solutions for America’s heroes and their communities. StreetShares’ technology captures the social loyalty that exists within the military community and harnesses that trust to lower risk in financial transactions. StreetShares provides a suite of specialty finance products focused on the military and veterans market, including small business funding, lines of credit, and alternatives to VA small business loans for vet-owned businesses. StreetShares is also a factoring company offering invoice factoring and account receivables financing for the government contract (GovCon) community, as well as the StreetShares Patriot Express® program. StreetShares offers alternative investments, including a veterans social-impact investing product called Veteran Business Bonds. StreetShares is veteran-run and located outside of Washington, D.C. To learn more, please visit: StreetShares.com.
- Empathize with StreetShares customers and their experience as input into the digital design process.
- Create designs for variety of uses, including UX wireframes, web UI, digital marketing, and mobile.
- Participate in each step of the project: ideation, Iteration, production, and follow-up as a member of an agile sprint team.
- Take existing StreetShares designs and develop them into a formal style guide.
- Collaborate closely with the technology, product and business teams to build, extend and maintain the StreetShares digital experience.
- Using HTML and CSS, execute responsive designs in collaboration with development team
- BS in Human Computer Interaction, BA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of proven, multi-discipline experience.
- The ability to understand complex concepts and translate them into clear and simple designs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and just figuring it out.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator and Photoshop) and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with latest trends in web design and user experience.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Able to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and roles, from the CEO to the web developers.
- Niceness, humility, and a sense of humor. This is important!
- MUST SUBMIT A LINK TO A PORTFOLIO
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with fullbenefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.