Sr. Credit analyst / Sr. Underwriter
Want to work at a fun, innovative company? Want to help small business owners and veterans? Want to join a cause, not just a company? Interested in alternative finance, small business financing, uberization of banking?
StreetShares is an interactive marketplace that connects small businesses owners seeking financing to investors seeking solid investment returns.
A) High Impact credit decision making
- Enjoying making complex and meaningful underwriting decisions
- Inputting and Performing Cashflow analysis using bank statements
- Financial analysis using Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cashflow(s)
- Automating Cashflow and Financial analysis
- Read consumer and commercial bureau files to get better insight into the customer and the business
- Occasionally interviewing customers for fraud checks and getting answers to underwriting questions
B) Making processes / procedures ultra-efficient
- Recommendation and implementation on new credit processes, systems, functionalities etc.
- Working closely with software engineers to implement your ideas
- Answering basic questions to sales about credit and the underwriting decisions
C) Finding new methods of splitting risk
- Suggesting new ways / data / techniques of separating good from bad
- Recognizing credit risk patterns – We will file patents in your name if you find something cool and powerful!!
- Detail oriented
- Strong knack for numbers
- Integrated thinking - Great at connecting dots
- Passion to make IT systems better and faster
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 -3 years of work experience
Nice to have
- Previous underwriting or banking experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Competitive salary with full benefits package
- Equity component to compensation plan
- High potential for growth within a fast growing company