Processor / Credit Analyst
Would you rather join a cause, not just a company? Become a part of one of the fastest growing FinTech companies on the east coast! StreetShares is a military focused financial services company reinventing the way businesses interact with their finances. We are digital, customer oriented, nimble, fast moving and have just the right dose of quirky.
Do you enjoy creative problem solving and working with cutting edge technology? Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join StreetShares and see your work make a difference at a fast-paced, growing startup. We are looking for an enthusiastic loan processor to join the StreetShares Credit team, where you will assist in underwriting StreetShares’ unsecured and secured lending products. As a loan analyst, you will be responsible for preparing files, recommending a course of action, and working with the sales and credit teams to ensure a smooth customer experience. Successful performers in this role will have the opportunity to advance their careers through greater responsibility and higher levels of credit authority. You will report to the Head of Credit Operations, and be located in our Metro-accessible headquarters in Reston, VA.
- Prepare files for underwriting. This includes collecting data from numerous sources, completing the workflow, and conducting cash flow analysis using bank statements
- Financial statement analysis – read a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement to understand underlying business trends
- Communicate with the sales team regarding underwriting details and deal structure
- Process improvement – take our existing processes and make them better, more efficient, and more accurate
- Four year bachelor’s degree
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results Preferred
- 1- 3 years relevant experience in the financial, banking, or lending industries
- Loan processing underwriting experience a plus
- Finally, as a young company, we all have to wear multiple hats. You should expect to do things outside of your job description, and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and have fun!
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements