Senior Cloud Engineer
Want to work at a fun, innovative startup? Want to help small business owners? Interested in FinTech? Join StreetShares.
StreetShares is a small business financial marketplace bringing together business owners in search of funding and investors looking for both financial and social returns. StreetShares is completely transforming financial services for the military and veteran community and beyond
Job Description: We are recruiting for a Sr. Cloud engineer to provide oversight of deployment and operations of our production systems. You will own and develop our AWS infrastructure, automate key elements to create a great experience for our members. You will be located in our headquarters office in Reston, VA.
- Design and develop our AWS infrastructure, both test and production.
- Working with the Engineering team, manage production uptime and availability.
- Build tooling and automation to scale, monitor and troubleshoot the health of the service infrastructure.
- Build tooling and automation for CI/CD pipelines.
- Select and configure appropriate tools for monitoring, alerting, DR-setup, communications, on-call rotation setup, etc.
- Manage vendors, contracts and invoices for the service infrastructure.
- Help us realize the vision of code-build-test-package-deploy-operate-monitor as one continuous flow, forwards and backwards.
What you’ll need:
- 3 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE role, preferable in a start-up using AWS.
- Experience working in a high-security/high-compliance environment.
- Experience setting up AWS security structures using groups, WAFs, VPCs, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, container management tools such as Kubernetes, Mesos and ECS.
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Relevant technical skills (e.g., scripting, Python, etc.)
- Ability to define high-level strategy for operations monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Excellent communication to both executives and technical team members
- Experience in the financial / banking industry is a plus
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.