Sr. InfoSec (CISSP + AWS) Engineer
Want to work at a fun, innovative startup? Want to help small business owners? Interested in FinTech? Join StreetShares.
StreetShares is a small business financial marketplace bringing together business owners in search of funding and investors looking for both financial and social returns. StreetShares is completely transforming financial services for the military and veteran community and beyond
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and hard-working Senior Information Security Engineer to provide sound technical leadership for the StreetShares information security program. You will be expected to have broad, hands-on experience with the design, implementation, and maintenance of information security programs on AWS service infrastructure. You will report directly to the CTO, and be located in our headquarters office in Reston, VA.
- Design and implement layered technical defenses.
- Monitor the StreetShares environment, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, access management, and others for anomalies or incidents. Respond to information security incidents.
- Provide information security guidance on product selection, project design and architecture, and technology solutions.
- Create, implement, and maintain information security policies and procedures based on the NIST standards.
- Work closely with the Engineering and IT team and, also train all employees to use secure practices.
- Stay up-to-date on current information security threats.
- Lead vulnerability scanning and remediation. Work with third parties on penetration testing and security audits.
- Administer access controls for StreetShares, and security oversight for key third-parties.
- You get the sense, you will lead and implement our InfoSec program!
- 5+ years hands on experience in the information security field.
- In-depth experience with AWS security (WAFs, VPCs, etc.), identity and compliance technologies.
- CISSP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of information security industry trends and ability to thoughtfully and effectively integrate new security technology.
- Knowledge of security risk frameworks such as ISO 27000 or NIST 800 series.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, lean environment.
- Excellent communication to both executives and technical team members
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Self-motivated creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Experience in the financial / banking industry is strongly preferred.
Finally, as a young company we all have to wear multiple hats at times. You should expect to do things outside of your job description and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable being uncomfortable… and have fun.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.