Want to work at a fun and fast-paced, innovative startup and one of the fastest growing in FinTech? Want to help small business owners and veterans? Want to join a cause, not just a company? Join us!
StreetShares is a military focused financial services company reinventing the way businesses interact with their finances. We are digital, customer oriented, nimble, fast moving and have just the right dose of quirky. StreetSharesoffers unique financial solutions for America’s heroes and their communities. Our technology captures the social loyalty that exists within the military community and harnesses that trust to lower risk in financial transactions. StreetShares is veteran-run and located outside of Washington, D.C. To learn more, please visit: StreetShares.com.
We are seeking a passionate and hard-working financial analyst to help us build out our financial framework and assist in managing the budget and expenses of our business. This person will work as an integral part of the Finance team and can expect to contribute significantly. As such, the ideal candidate is comfortable being a part of a small team, can manage multiple projects, can contribute across functional areas, and is very detail-oriented. Experience building financial models and using R or MySQL is a plus.
- Create reports for internal and external use, and automate where possible. Heavy use of R and MySQL would be required and take charge of implementing and using our set BI tool to generate comprehensive reporting
- Reconcile and clean up business and financial data from different sources. Must be comfortable with large data sets.
- Be the team lead for business data and respond to ad hoc requests for data, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist in developing budgetary, financial and reporting procedures and policies
- Create financial models for the business and other ad hoc requests from managers
- Be able to interface with and respond to internal and external customers with account and data questions
- Ensure timely reconciliation of accounts and assist in generation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports
- Opportunities to get involved in other parts of the business e.g. sales, operations
- Participate in the fund raising process with the management team
- Other duties as assigned by your manager
- Team player mentality and willingness to “jump in head first” on assigned tasks
- Excellent writing, email, computer (especially Excel, R and/or MySQL), and phone skills
- A self-motivated, creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Possess superior time management and detail-oriented skills
- Strong willingness to learn and ability to complete tasks efficiently
- Interest in a startup culture
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field
- Financial services/banking experience is a plus
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.