Small Business Loan Underwriter
Do you enjoy creative problem solving and working with cutting edge technology? Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join StreetShares and see your work make a difference at a fast-paced, growing startup. We are looking for an enthusiastic Underwriter to join the StreetShares Credit team, where you will be underwriting StreetShares’ unsecured and secured lending products, including term loans, lines of credit, and invoice factoring. As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for compiling and reviewing credit files, making credit decisions, and working with the sales and credit teams to ensure a smooth customer experience. You will report to the Head of Underwriting, and be located in our metro accessible headquarters in Reston, VA.
• Review credit files and make decisions to approve or decline; determine credit limits, interest rates, and other loan elements in accordance with StreetShares credit policy
• Analyze large amounts of data, weigh risk factors appropriately, and make sound credit decisions.
• Financial statement analysis – read a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement to understand underlying business trends
• Compile relevant data from numerous sources and conducting cash flow analysis using bank statements
• Communicate effectively with the sales team and other members of the credit team regarding underwriting details, deal structure
• Display ownership – take on existing processes & reporting, and make process improvements
- 1-3 years’ experience in Small Business or Commercial lending (Underwriting experience is a plus)
- Four year bachelors degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Business
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results
- Finally, as a young company, we all have to wear multiple hats. You should expect to do things outside of your job description, and nothing should be considered off limits. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and have fun.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements